My Favourite Makeup Brushes




  hey guys, 
Today I'm going to go through my favourite makeup brushes which are the ones I use on a daily basis and I'm going to let you guys know what I use them for. Most of the brushes I use are by Real Techniques as they are amazing quality, easy to get hold of and also quite cheap. I think that investing in some good makeup brushes is essential as the quality of the brushes is just as important as the quality of the makeup you use. 



I use the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge for my concealer and sometimes my foundation. I run the sponge under water until it expands and then I squeeze out the excess water so that it is slightly damp. I like to use this sponge for concealer as I think it makes it look a lot more natural on the skin. The flat side of the sponge is perfect to blend concealer under the eyes and the pointed end is perfect for getting in the tricky inner corners. I like to use the rounded part of the sponge for foundation by bouncing it onto the skin you get a really nice flawless finish. I use this sponge everyday and I think it's great, its a fraction of the price of the Beauty Blender and I've got to say I actually prefer it. 



For my foundation I find myself reaching for the Real Techniques Buffing Brush which I got as part of the Core Collection. This is my favourite brush for foundation as I feel that it makes it easy to blend the foundation into the skin and gives a natural finish. I dot foundation onto my face and then use this brush to buff it into the skin. I use circular motions to buff the foundation into the skin. 



I got this brush at a little stall that was randomly in town. They had a lot of cheap makeup brushes and I thought I may as well get a few and give them a go as they were so cheap! I use this brush to put concealer onto the areas of my face before I use the sponge to blend it in. For a cheap brush it does the job and I use it quite a lot. 



 I use the Real Techniques Contour Brush to contour my face. I have quite chubby cheeks so I contour on a daily basis and find that this brush is the perfect size and shape to fit in the hollows of my cheeks. I also use this to contour my forehead as lets be honest it's quite big! I find I use this brush if I want an intense contour. I also got this brush as part of the Real Techniques Core Collection. 



I use the Real Techniques Blush Brush for bronzer mostly. I did try to use it for blush as it is intended to be used but I found that it was way too big for blush. I love to use this brush for bronzer as I think its the perfect size to apply bronzer whether you want to be really bronzed up or just want a slight bronze glow.



I got this brush as part of a Makeup Brush Set that I got for Christmas off of my parents. I use this brush to apply blusher as I think it is the perfect size and shape. Its slightly angled so it is the perfect shape to blend the blusher. I've got to say that this brush is definitely my favourite brush from the set.



I use the Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Contour Brush from the Duo Fiber set for a number of things. I think this brush is such a good multitask brush. I have used this brush for bronzer, blusher and highlighter. I use this brush when I don't want to products to be too intense. I think that this brush is perfect for applying makeup for those of you who tend to over do the bronzer or blusher as I think it doesn't let you put too much of the product on. 



I use this fluffy angled brush from the Cheeky Makeup Brush Set to put eye shadow in the crease and also to help blend the colours together. I find that because this brush is really fluffy it makes it really easy to blend eye shadows.



I use this brush from the Cheeky Makeup Brush Set to pack the colour all over the eyelid. I think this brush is the perfect size to apply eye shadow all over the lid.



I use this brush that is also from the Cheeky Makeup Brush Set to apply colour underneath the eye to create a smokey look under the eyes. I think this brush is perfect for under the eyes as it isn't too dense so it is easier to blend underneath the eye. It is also the perfect size brush for applying shadow under the lower lash line for extra definition.



I use the Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush to apply shadow all over the eyelid. I also use this brush to put some colour through the crease sometimes. 



I use the Eco Tools Full Eye Shadow Brush to apply colour to the outer third of the eye. I think this brush is the perfect shape for packing on colour onto the eyelid. 



I use the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush as it suggests for applying shadow in the crease of the eye. I've seen quite a few people also use this brush for concealer underneath the eyes but I have never tried to use this brush for that. I think this brush is the perfect shape to fit into the crease. 



I use the MAC 217 Brush to blend eye shadows. This brush is by far the best brush I have ever used to blend eye shadows. The brush is slightly domed so it fits into the crease perfectly.



I use the small angled brush from The Cheeky Makeup Brush Set for eyeliner. As it is so small you can get right by the lash line and also as it is angled it makes getting a nice sharp wing much easier. 



I use a slightly bigger angled brush from The Cheeky Makeup Brush Set to fill in my eyebrows. I use this brush with a powder and use little strokes to create a fuller brow. 


Okay so there are my favourite makeup brushes and what I use them for, I hope you enjoyed this post and if any of you have any other brushes that you really like to use feel free to leave your recommendations! I'm particularly interested if any of you know of a good brush for powder as I have not yet found one that I really like.


ashleigh xx

Comments

Popular Posts