"The right tools are just as important as the makeup itself." - Bobbi Brown



My favourite thing about makeup is that it can completely transform someones face. My least favourite thing..washing my brushes! It takes so long and is probably the most boring thing ever..not to mention my hands end up looking like an 80 year old woman's by time i'm done. Washing my makeup brushes is the bane of my life but it has to be done. 

Lovely picture of my minging dirty brushes..you're welcome. 
I know so many people who don't regularly wash their makeup brushes and trust me it's probably the last thing I want to do whenever I have some free time..but it is so important to wash them every now and then. The amount of old makeup and germs on them builds up and then if you're using them while they're dirty you're rubbing all those nasty germs and old makeup onto your face..kinda a gross thought aye?! As well as wanting your brushes to be nice and hygienic applying your makeup will be much easier and your makeup will look much nicer. 


To wash my brushes I use whatever shampoo I have around the house, today I used the James Brown Rich Moisture Shampoo which is a shampoo that I have been loving lately! I also used the e.l.f Brush Shampoo and also the e.l.f Daily Brush Cleaner which I always use on my brushes as they are fantastic products and are also really cheap. 


Firstly I put a little blob of shampoo on my hand and run the warm water tap. 


I then swirl my brush around in the palm of my hand under the water until it looks clean and make sure I get all the shampoo out. 


Okay I really didn't need to add this photo but the water looks quite cool. Running my brush under the water to make sure all the shampoo is out.


I then use the e.l.f Brush Shampoo and repeat the process, you don't have to double wash your brushes but I always do because I like to make sure they're nice and clean.


I then spray some of the e.l.f Daily Brush Cleaner on my brush and then swirl it around on either a cotton pad or a clean flannel. 


Then I just lay them all out onto a towel and leave them dry overnight and taadaa.. nice clean brushes!


I hope this blog post helped you guys out a bit, 

ashleigh xx



Comments

Popular Posts