FOTD - Purple Smokey Eye and Pink Lips

 Hi guys, so I've had the MUA Smokin Palette for quite a while and it has fast become the palette that I reach for the most. Its got some really nice neutral matte shades that I wear on a daily basis. It's also got some nice sparkly shades in there too which I don't use quite as much, been as I always seem to opt for the neutral eye I decided to try out some of the shades in this palette that I normally wouldn't wear. I decided to use the sparkly Purple shade in the palette and ended up doing a smokey eye. 



I used the products above to create this look. 



For my base I used the Revlon Photoready foundation in 003 Shell Coquillage and my Rimmel London Wake Me Up concealer in the shade Ivory. I then used the Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette to contour and highlight my face. I also used my e.l.f blush in the shade Tickled Pink

To fill in my brows I used an angled brow brush and my Fashionista Brow Kit. I used the light brown shade through the front of my brows and the darker shade through the tail of my brows. I also used some clear brow gel to set my brows in place for the day.


For the eyes I used the MUA Smokin Palette. I used the matte light Brown shade called Boudoir in the crease and I also used it later on to help blend some of the darker colours so that it was all blended nicely. I then took the sparkly purple shade called Icon and packed it onto my eyelid all the way up until the crease. I took a Mac 217 brush and some more of the shade Boudoir to blend that colour up into the crease so that there were no harsh edges. I then took the matte Black colour called Mythical and packed it onto the outer corner of the eye and through the crease slightly. I blended this shade and brought it up and out into a sort of cat eye shape. To make my eyes pop I used the lightest shade in the palette called Glory and used this on my brow bone and also on the inner corner of the eye. I then put on a couple of coats of my current favourite mascaras Benefit's They're Real and Soap and Glory's Thick & Fast.

For my lips I used the e.l.f Lip Primer and Plumper. I then used a light Pink shade lipstick by Beauty UK in the shade In The Buff. Over the top of the Pink lipstick I used the Rimmel London Vinyl Gloss in the shade Lovesick.

Alright guys I really hope you liked my first FOTD blog post, I had a lot of fun playing around with the sparkly Purple shadow and I think it turned out quite good. I'd love to know what you guys think of the look so please feel free to leave a comment with your opinion. I think next time I might try out the bright Blue colour in this palette. 


ashleigh xx

Comments

Popular Posts